Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Logo

Rod Stewart Cancels Remaining 2026 Tour Dates After Heart Stent Procedure

Rod Stewart is calling off the rest of his 2026 tour dates, including a six-night Las Vegas residency, after undergoing a coronary stent procedure. The 81-year-old singer's team says the operation was routine and his recovery is going well, but doctors have ordered four weeks of rest before he returns to the stage.

EntertainmentBy J. Mendez5d ago4 min read

Last updated: August 18, 2026, 3:36 AM

Share:
Photo by Gerardo Santos

Photo by Gerardo Santos

What Happened

Stewart's representatives confirmed on August 11 that the singer had "successfully undergone a routine coronary stent procedure" following further medical evaluation.

"Doctors are pleased with his recovery, and Rod is doing very well and has returned to his normal daily activities," the statement said. On medical advice, he will spend the next four weeks recuperating and regaining full fitness.

That timeline makes his current run of tour dates impossible.

The Shows Affected

The cancellations hit Stewart's One Last Time farewell tour, which has been circling the globe since March 2025. He was scheduled to play the Midwest and Mexico, plus a six-night stand at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas from August 18 to 29.

The news came days after Stewart postponed a Cincinnati concert just hours before showtime, citing "an unforeseen but minor medical procedure that required prompt attention." That show has now been canceled outright.

Ticketholders will hear from the respective promoters and venues about the affected performances, his representative said.

Stewart's Message to Fans

The singer sounded upbeat in his own statement.

"I'm already feeling better and very much on the mend," Stewart said. "I want to thank the doctors, nurses and everyone who has taken such wonderful care of me. I'm deeply disappointed to miss these shows and sorry to let my fans down, but I look forward to getting back on stage and having a good time with you all again soon."

Warning Signs on Stage

There were hints something was off earlier this summer. In June, Stewart told a Utah audience he had "nearly fainted" during a performance, after an oxygen tank and mask were brought out on stage while he appeared to struggle with his breathing.

Back at center stage, he explained he had been "trying to do a little step and the dance and everything." Then, before launching into his next song, he asked the crowd: "Would you mind if I sat down for this one?"

What a Coronary Stent Procedure Involves

A coronary stent is a small metal mesh tube that expands inside a coronary artery. It is typically placed during angioplasty, which opens narrowed or blocked blood vessels supplying blood to the heart, and it keeps the artery from narrowing again, according to Medline Plus.

The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute describes stent placement as a minimally invasive procedure. It treats coronary artery disease and is also used in emergencies such as heart attacks.

A Career of Bouncing Back

Stewart has faced serious health battles before and kept performing. He beat thyroid cancer in the early 2000s, which left him unable to sing for nine months, and prostate cancer in 2017. In 2025, a lengthy bout with the flu forced him to cancel several shows.

Each time, he returned to the stage.

What Comes Next

If recovery goes to plan, Stewart could be performing again in roughly a month. His team has not yet announced rescheduled dates or whether the Las Vegas residency will be rebooked. For now, the man behind "Forever Young" is focused on getting back to full fitness, and fans holding tickets should watch for updates from their venues.

FAQ

Why did Rod Stewart cancel his 2026 tour dates?

He underwent a routine coronary stent procedure, and doctors advised four weeks of rest before he performs again.

Which shows are affected?

His remaining One Last Time tour dates, including Midwest and Mexico stops and a six-night Las Vegas residency at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace, August 18 to 29.

Is Rod Stewart okay?

His representatives say doctors are pleased with his recovery and he has returned to normal daily activities.

Will ticketholders get refunds or new dates?

Information about affected performances will come from the respective promoters and venues.

JM
J. Mendez

Writer

J. Mendez is a writer with a decade of experience covering the full spectrum from politics to entertainment. Holding a degree in political science, Mendez brings analytical depth to reporting on government, policy, and public affairs while also delivering sharp, engaging coverage of film, television, music, and celebrity culture. Over ten years in the field, their work has spanned hard news, cultural analysis, and feature writing, consistently connecting the political and the popular for a broad audience.

Related Stories

Hayden Panettiere, Star of "Heroes" and "Nashville," Dies at 36

Hayden Panettiere, Star of "Heroes" and "Nashville," Dies at 36

Hayden Panettiere, the actress who became a household name as the indestructible cheerleader of "Heroes" and the country star of "Nashville," has died at 36, her representative confirmed. She was found unresponsive Sunday afternoon at an apartment complex in Greenville, South Carolina, and pronounced dead at the scene. No cause of death has been released, and police say preliminary findings show no signs of foul play or suspicious circumstances.

The Strokes Allegedly Tied to Secret $500 Astroturf Campaign Against Anthony Fantano

The Strokes Allegedly Tied to Secret $500 Astroturf Campaign Against Anthony Fantano

Somebody paid to turn the internet against Anthony Fantano, and nobody will admit to it. The music critic has exposed a covert influencer campaign offering content creators $500 to make videos hyping the Strokes' diss of him on their new album. The Strokes say they had nothing to do with it. Their label says the same. Which leaves one very strange question hanging: who is bankrolling a smear campaign disguised as album promo?

Nikki From Obsession Will Be at Halloween Horror Nights in a 'Where's Waldo' Way, but Fans Are Divided

Nikki From Obsession Will Be at Halloween Horror Nights in a 'Where's Waldo' Way, but Fans Are Divided

Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood has announced one of its more unusual additions for 2026: Nikki Freeman, the possessed protagonist from the breakout horror film Obsession, will roam the park as a wandering scare character. The news came from John Murdy, the event's longtime creative director, during his panel at Midsummer Scream 2026. Genuine excitement followed, but so did a split reaction online that cuts straight to the heart of what the film is actually about.